VRChat is a virtual reality social networking platform to meet new people and make friends all around the world. However, if you are experiencing VRChat stuck on the loading screen or VRChat avatars not loading, then here are the best fixes.
Recently many users reported that VRChat either goes in a loading loop or goes not respond. There can also be an error of
Unable to connect to VRChat (Make sure your device has a working internet connection and restart VRChat)
The solution I am going to share here will fix all such related issues with VRChat loading. But before then you must know some major causes behind this.
- 1 Why is VRChat Stuck on the Loading screen?
- 1.1 How to Fix VRChat Stuck on Loading Screen
- 1.1.1 FIX 1 – Restart Modem, Router & PC
- 1.1.2 FIX 2 – Delete VRChat Temporary Files
- 1.1.3 FIX 3 – Try VPN
- 1.1.4 FIX 4 – Change Default World on Startup
- 1.1.5 FIX 5 – Update Graphic Driver
- 1.1.6 FIX 6 – Delete VRChat file from Registry
- 1.1.7 FIX 7 – Reinstall VRChat
- 1.2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1.3 Share this:
- 1.4 Like this:
- 1.1 How to Fix VRChat Stuck on Loading Screen
Why is VRChat Stuck on the Loading screen?
According to different VRChat users, there are multiple issues with loading which can be because of different reasons.
This is really annoying when VRChat keeps loading and never opens. You must know a few basic causes behind VRChat not loading, responding.
- Poor or fluctuating internet connection
- Outdated VRChat app
- Outdated graphic driver
- Blockage from Antivirus
- Other Network problems
There can be many other causes behind the loading issues, hence you better try all the solutions listed below.
How to Fix VRChat Stuck on Loading Screen
All the solutions I am sharing below are effective and have been suggested by many users.
I would recommend that you apply all the solutions one by one.
FIX 1 – Restart Modem, Router & PC
Restarting is the first step of troubleshooting and as I brief above that poor or fluctuating internet connection can cause VRChat loading issues.
Before restarting, check your internet speed and find out the ping and speed of your internet connection.
Now shut down your modem and router for 2 minutes and then restart again. Once done, restart your PC as well.
Run the internet speed checker again and see if you are now getting proper internet speed and ping. In case if you have slow internet and high ping then contact your internet service provider.
FIX 2 – Delete VRChat Temporary Files
When VRChat is installed on PC, a temporary folder is created where all cache and game information like new players, world, and avatars information are stored.
These temp files when they get huge or corrupted may cause trouble opening VRChat.
This method is recommended by most VRChat users and so you must try this. The path of the VRChat temporary file is %username%\AppData\Local\Temp\VRChat
- Open C drive, then click on Users and then click on your username through which you are signed in.
- Search and click on Appdata > Local > Temp.
- Now look for the VRChat folder and delete it.
Once done restart VRChat and check if this fixed the issue of loading. You can also try restarting your device after clearing VRChat temporary files.
FIX 3 – Try VPN
VPN plays an important role at the time when there are such issues due to network or IP.
Probably your current IP address is not working properly or there may be some server problem in your area. At such times you better connect to a different location through VPN and check again if this fixes the problem.
VPN helps to fix several related issues with other games as well, you can use VPN to fix Roblox error code 267 where it assigns you a new IP.
You may go with some good and free VPN like ProtonVPN but to enjoy good speed recommended VPN is Nord which will be of course paid. But you can first try with the free one.
FIX 4 – Change Default World on Startup
Changing default world on startup worked for many users to fix VRChat stuck on loading screen problems.
Follow the simple steps below to change the default world startup on VRChat.
- Open your Steam application and make sure you are logged in with your account.
- Click on the Games tab at the very left-hand top and choose View Game Library from the options.
- On the left-hand side, you will find VRChat, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Now in the Launch options box paste the below code.
Once done close Steam and launch VRChat again, in case it still doesn’t work then restart your PC and check again.
FIX 5 – Update Graphic Driver
If the graphic driver is outdated it may cause various problems like game crashes, graphics output, and even with Internet connectivity.
So you need to assure that your graphic driver is updated or else it may cause VRChat loading or crashing issues.
There are two ways to update the display or graphic driver, either you can do it manually or automatically. The best and the easiest one is automatically, so follow the below steps.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and choose Device Manager from the list.
- In the device manager, look for Display adapters and double click on them.
- Look for your graphic driver, right-click on it and choose Update Driver.
- From the next box, click on “Search Automatically for drivers”.
Now this will look for the latest drivers, if available follow the further steps and if you already have the updated driver it will let you that you have the updated driver installed.
FIX 6 – Delete VRChat file from Registry
If the above solutions don’t work for you, chances are that the VRChat file in the registry has been corrupted or not working properly.
In this fix, we need to delete the VRChat file from the Windows registry.
- Press Windows + R key to bring up the RUN box, type Regedit and then click on OK to bring up the Windows Registry.
- From the left-hand registry options, locate the following path by double-clicking on HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > VRChat.
- Now right-click on VRChat and choose Delete.
Once done restart your PC and try launching VRChat and see if this fixed the problem of VRChat being stuck on the loading screen.
FIX 7 – Reinstall VRChat
Now if none of the troubleshooting methods worked then probably the issue is with the VRChat application and it’s better to reinstall it.
I am sharing the process of VRChat reinstallation for Oculus Quest, Steam, and Oculus PC users.
How to Reinstall VRChat on Oculus Quest
This is the best method to fix VRChat loading issues on Oculus.
- Click on the Apps tab from the bottom menu.
- Now look for VRChat and click on the 3 dots icon.
- From the options choose Uninstall and then click on the confirmation box again by clicking on the blue button of Uninstall.
Once done download VRChat again from the VRChat website and I am very sure the VRChat loading loop and other issues like VRchat avatars not loading issues will be fixed.
How to Reinstall VRChat on Oculus PC
- Navigate to your Oculus library.
- Look for the VRChat app and then click on the 3 dots that are at the right-hand bottom of the VRchat card.
- Click on Details and then on location to copy.
- Now open your Windows file explorer and paste the location that you just copied.
- Minimize this file explorer and go back again to Oculus library, click on the 3 dots and then choose Uninstall.
- Wait until the uninstallation is completed and then open backfile explorer again that you minimized and delete everything from that folder.
- Once done download it again.
How to Reinstall VRChat on Oculus PC
- Open Steam, click on Games at the left-hand top menu, and then from the options click on View Game library.
- Now, right-click and choose Properties.
- From the left-hand menu click on Local File and then click on Browse. This will bring up the VRChat files which we need to delete, but first, let’s uninstall.
- Go back to VRChat again, right-click on it, hover up to Manage, and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the steps and wait until VRChat is uninstalled. Once done open file explorer and delete all VRChat files
- Restart your PC and download VRChat again.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Access to VRChat temp files is the major cause behind VRchat’s slow performance.
Clear VRChat temp files by visiting C drive, then click on Users, and then click on your username through which you are signed in.
Search and click on Appdata > Local > Temp. Now look for the VRChat folder and delete it.
Close all the other apps running in the background. Open task manager and close all those applications that you are currently not using.
Hopefully, this will work and fix VRChat’s slow working or loading issues.
VRChat Avatars not loading or favorites not loading can be mostly because of VRChat server load issues or because of the temp files.
What you can do
– Wait for some time and try again.
– Clear VRChat temp files (Methods are given above)
There is no such option to reset complete VRChat but yes you can reset the avatars.
In order to reset VRChat avatars, open the VRChat application, press CTRL and \ key together. Doing this will reset the avatar to the default grey robot avatar and then you can further change it.
Many users reported that the VRChat screen stuck on the loading screen with a blue screen.
For such issues, you need to apply all the above 7 solutions and additionally make sure you have enough disk space on your PC.
VRChat is a great platform where you can meet people from different parts of the world and have fun with them. Now as like many other apps VRChat also has some issues but fortunately, we have solutions for all of them.
In this article, we briefed how to fix the VRChat screen stuck on loading and the 7 solutions that are the best way to fix such issues.
I am sure your problem should be fixed, If not then please let us know what exact issue you are facing.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.