Notifications play an important role in almost all apps like twitch but what if twitch notifications not working.
If you are not getting twitch notifications you will miss your favorite streamer stream.
As a streamer, you may notice a drop in your viewers while going live on Twitch.
In this article, I got a solution to fix all kinds of twitch notifications both on PC and Mobile.
- 1 Twitch Notifications not Working (PC)
- 1.1 SOLUTION 1 – Fix Twitch Smart Notifications not working
- 1.2 SOLUTION 2 – Fix Twitch Live Notification not working
- 1.3 SOLUTION 3 – Fix Twitch Sub notifications not showing up
- 1.4 SOLUTION 4 – Fix Twitch Push Notifications not working
- 1.5 SOLUTION 5 – Twitch not sending email notifications
- 1.6 SOLUTION 6 – Twitch Notifications not working for some channels
- 1.7 SOLUTION 7 – Switch to different Browser
- 2 Twitch notifications not working (Android)
- 2.1 SOLUTION 1 – Make sure all Twitch notifications are Enabled
- 2.2 SOLUTION 2 – Check Android Notifications
- 2.3 SOLUTION 3 – Update Twitch App and Check Internet Connections
- 2.4 Twitch notifications not working (iPhone & iPad)
- 2.5 Best Twitch Go Live Notifications that every Streamer needs
- 2.6 Share this:
- 2.7 Like this:
Why are my Twitch notifications not working?
Many users reported problems with twitch notifications where some are not receiving live notifications and many have other problems like with push notifications.
The major cause can be if either the notifications are disabled or a problem with either the browser or app.
By the way, better make an editor on Twitch or have moderators who can help your viewers on stream if they are not receiving notifications.
Now let’s see how you can quickly fix twitch notifications not working issues.
Twitch Notifications not Working (PC)
You might have problems with different kinds of notifications in twitch.
I would recommend applying all the solutions that will not only fix all notifications problems but also help you to learn more about them.
Even streamers reported that twitch is not sending notifications to their followers.
I will cover everything, so keep scrolling and apply the solution.
SOLUTION 1 – Fix Twitch Smart Notifications not working
Twitch smart notification is an ultimate feature where you will be notified on the twitch website or app and if not available you will get an alert through email or mobile.
Make sure this smart notifications feature is enabled. Follow the below steps to enable it.
- Open the Twitch website and make sure you are logged in with your account.
- Click on the profile picture located at the very right-hand top and choose “Settings” from the drop-down.
- From the settings section, click on the “Notifications” tab.
- In the notifications, the very first option will be “Smart notifications”. Make sure this option is enabled and if not, click on the toggle to enable it.
SOLUTION 2 – Fix Twitch Live Notification not working
If you have issues receiving live notification from twitch or not getting live notifications at all, then you need to make sure that twitch live notifications is enabled.
Follow the below steps to assure that your twitch live notifications are enabled.
- On the Twitch website, click on the profile picture and choose Settings from the drop-down.
- In the settings tab, click on the “Notifications” tab.
- Now click on the “On Twitch” drop-down and check if the “Live” option is been enabled.
- Also, check that “All notification on Twitch” is also been enabled.
And yes also try turning on the option of “Receive browser notification for this device”.
SOLUTION 3 – Fix Twitch Sub notifications not showing up
This can be really annoying when you don’t receive notifications when someone subs to you.
Many reported that there is no notification popping up when someone subs through twitch prime.
However, there is no such notification option on twitch and this problem can be fixed by resetting and clearing the cache of your browser.
For Google Chrome follow the below steps
- Click on the 3 dots located at the very right-hand top of google chrome and choose Settings from the drop-down.
- Scroll down a bit to the Privacy and Security section and click on “Clear browsing data“.
- Click on Advanced > set time range to all > Check all the boxed except Password and Autofill form data.
- Now click on Clear data and wait until it’s completed.
- Once done scroll down more and click on Advanced to explore more options.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Restore settings to their original defaults and then on Reset settings.
Once done restart your browser and check if this resolved the issue.
SOLUTION 4 – Fix Twitch Push Notifications not working
Twitch push notification problems can be because of either browser issues or due to smart notifications.
You can try clearing the cache and resetting the browser that I explained above and also try restarting the browser.
If still doesn’t work and you have trouble only with push notifications then try disabling twitch smart notifications.
- Open the Twitch website, click on the profile picture, and choose Settings from the drop-down.
- From the settings page click on the “Notifications” tab.
- On the notifications page the very first option is Smart notifications, click the toggle to disable it.
Once done restart your browser and check if the problem is fixed.
SOLUTION 5 – Twitch not sending email notifications
Now in case if you are not getting any email notifications on twitch, then probably notification by email has been disabled.
Follow below simple steps to quickly enable it.
- Open the twitch website, click on the profile picture, and then choose Settings from the drop-down.
- From the settings page click on the “Notifications” tab.
- In the notifications section, scroll down a bit and click on the “By Email” drop-down.
- Now here make sure the All Emails option has been enabled, if already enabled try disabling it and then enable it back again.
Hopefully, you will now get all twitch email notifications.
SOLUTION 6 – Twitch Notifications not working for some channels
Now if you still have the problem after applying all the above solutions or probably you have trouble with any specific channel, then you need to check per channel settings.
Follow the below quick steps
- Open Twitch website, click on the profile picture located at the very right-hand top, and choose settings from the drop-down.
- From the settings, click on the “Notifications” tab.
- Now scroll down and click on the “Per-channel” drop-down to explore the list of channels.
- Here check the channel for which you are not getting the notifications. Make sure it’s not disabled and you can click on the toggle to enable the notifications back.
Once done better restart your browser and I am sure your problem will be fixed.
SOLUTION 7 – Switch to different Browser
Have you tried all the above solutions? Still the same problem
Try this last solution as the problem is sure with your current browser. Better try any other browser
You can try switching to any other browser like from chrome to opera or from safari to chrome.
I would recommend trying browsers like Brave and opera.
Along with that try making a test stream on twitch to assure everything is working fine.
Twitch notifications not working (Android)
You might be waiting for this as most of the viewers enjoy streaming from their phones.
Don’t worry, within a few seconds your problem is going to be fixed. Just follow the below solutions
Before proceeding to the solution try restarting your android phone and also after applying the solutions.
SOLUTION 1 – Make sure all Twitch notifications are Enabled
In this solution, we need to check that all the twitch notifications are enabled on android.
- Launch the Twitch app on your Android mobile.
- Tap on the profile picture located at the very left-hand top.
- Now tap on Account settings and then on Notifications.
- Here make sure “Enable smart notifications” is enabled.
Once done you also need to manually check other below options of “On Mobile”, “By Email” and “Per Channel”.
Tap on “On Mobile” and assure that all the push notifications are enabled.
Do the same by email and per channel as well.
SOLUTION 2 – Check Android Notifications
You may also not receive notifications if an android notification for the twitch app has been disabled.
By the way, you can do the same for any other app as well.
So, let’s see how to enable twitch notifications on android.
- On your android phone open settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps or App manager.
- Now here look for the twitch app by scrolling down or you can also search by typing twitch in the search box.
- Tap on “Notifications” and make sure all the notifications under this are enabled.
SOLUTION 3 – Update Twitch App and Check Internet Connections
Notifications and many other problems can occur if the application has not been updated for a long time or if you have a poor internet connection.
Open Play store and search for the twitch app, if the update is available it will show to update.
You also need to check your internet connection.
If connected with mobile data then try to be in a place where the network is good and for Wi-Fi try restarting the modem and router.
Twitch notifications not working (iPhone & iPad)
On iPhone twitch notifications not working problem can be because of multiple reasons like
- Settings malfunction
- Internet Issues
- Software glitch
- App issues
So let’s move to the solution and you apply all of them one by one.
SOLUTION 1 – Check iPhone Notifications
None of the notifications will work it has been disabled from the phone.
Follow below easy steps below to check if all the notifications are enabled from iPhone or not.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad and then tap on “Notifications”.
- Scroll down to find Twitch and tap on it.
- Check if “Allow notifications” is enabled and if not tap the toggle to turn it on.
- Once enabled make sure other notifications are also toggled on.
SOLUTION 2 – Enable Twitch Smart & Push Notifications
You will have trouble with notifications if twitch smart and push notifications are disabled.
Let’s verify, whether these notifications are enabled or not.
- Open the Twitch app and then tap on the profile picture.
- Tap on Account settings and then Notifications.
- Now here make sure Enable smart notifications are toggled on, if not tap the toggle to enable it.
- Once done tap on “On Mobile” and check if “Send me to push notifications” and other options have been enabled.
SOLUTION 3 – Check Internet Connections
If your iPhone is not having a proper internet connection there may be a problem receiving twitch notifications.
Try refreshing your internet connection by enabling airplane mode and leaving it for 30 seconds.
Once done disable it again
Also, try restarting your Modem and Router.
You can also check your internet speed by downloading the speed test app on your phone.
SOLUTION 4 – Reinstall Twitch App
If nothing worked, probably the problem is with the application or its saved data. It’s better to uninstall and then download it again.
Look for the twitch app on iPhone, hold on to it and choose Uninstall.
Once uninstalled open the app store, search for twitch and download it again.
Hopefully, twitch notifications not working on iPhone will be resolved as this worked for many users.
Best Twitch Go Live Notifications that every Streamer needs
Now if you are a streamer and all set with the notifications part, it’s time to go with a twitch notification that actually works.
So if you go live on twitch and you need to let people know so the easiest thing to do is go on over to Twitter or Instagram and say hey I’m live!!
Spam your link well that’s not as efficient as we seem to think.
Okay, so let’s come to the point, and what I want is that you should share a video instead of some kind of picture or text.
Create a short video according to YouTube with a beautiful message that when you will go live along with the game name and Instagram buttons.
You better know how to do this, once done upload to all of your accounts like YouTube, Twitter, Discord, and other social accounts.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.