This is another common problem where twitch video players keep buffering with a black screen and then give a twitch network error 2000 message. The major cause behind this error is the network and this buffering screen keeps coming even if you reload the screen multiple times.
The buffering black screen finally stops with the message “there was a network error. please try again. (error #2000)”.
The problem occurs on all browsers like Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and even on Mobile.
In this article, I will share the cause behind this problem and how to fix twitch error 2000 on all the browsers.
- 1 What Causes Twitch Network Error 2000
- 2 How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (PC)
- 2.1 FIX 1 – Restart Twitch, Modem, and PC
- 2.2 FIX 2 – Change Video Quality of Stream
- 2.3 FIX 3 – Use VPN to fix Twitch Network Error 2000
- 2.4 FIX 4 – Disable Adblocker to fix Twitch Network Error 2000
- 2.5 FIX 5 – Disable AntiVirus and Firewall
- 2.6 FIX 6 – Fix Issues on Browser
- 2.6.1 How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (Chrome)
- 2.6.2 How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (Firefox)
- 2.8 FIX 7 – Try Twitch Desktop App
- 2.9 How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (Mobile)
- 2.10 Share this:
- 2.11 Like this:
What Causes Twitch Network Error 2000
Though the major cause found behind twitch network error is network problems but there can be other reasons as well that can cause such network error.
I am sharing all the possible causes for this error and then proceed towards fixes.
🡆 Poor and Fluctuating Internet Connection
🡆 Server issues to your nearest Twitch Server location.
🡆 Problem with HTML 5 Players (Currently option not available on Twitch )
🡆 The trouble with the current browser you are using to access Twitch
🡆 Adblocker Extension or Software
🡆 Extensions installed on the browser are creating a problem
These are the major causes found in most of the scenarios where twitch network error occurs.
But I will share the 10 below fixes as I want that there should be one left who cannot fix the problem after reading this article.
How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (PC)
The below fixes are not for browsers as that I will be sharing at the bottom. So better start from these fixes first.
So make sure you apply all these fixes properly and if you have even tried a few before then you can repeat the process again.
Before proceeding, also assure that your device has access to an internet connection by opening a few other websites. You can also visit the speed test website to check your internet speed and ping.
FIX 1 – Restart Twitch, Modem, and PC
Restarting is one of the best and quick ways to get rid of any problem before proceeding to any core troubleshooting method.
So restarting twitch will create a new session and can fix network error problems.
Similarly, you also need to restart your modem and router through which your PC or laptop is connected.
If both of these restarts don’t work then you should also try restarting the PC.
FIX 2 – Change Video Quality of Stream
Several users also suggested that twitch network error can also be fixed by changing stream resolution.
This method even fixed twitch black screens with sound issues.
Try changing the stream quality from 1080p or Auto to 720p, if this doesn’t work try reloading the page once the resolution is changed.
FIX 3 – Use VPN to fix Twitch Network Error 2000
This was one of the fixes that I applied when I got a twitch network message of “there was a network error. please try again. (error #2000)”.
The solution is easy, you need to download a VPN first. You can get any VPN but my recommendation would be for NordVPN which is of course the safest and best.
Once you have enabled the VPN, visit Twitch ingest endpoint to find the nearest twitch server from your location.
So if you are from Leesburg, VA, United States then choose the twitch server location of Ashburn, VA through the VPN, which is closest to Leesburg. You can restart the app or browser to check if this fixed the issue.
If you are already connected to VPN and still having the issues then try disabling it.
FIX 4 – Disable Adblocker to fix Twitch Network Error 2000
Adblocker is used by most of the users now to block ads on Google and YouTube. But sometimes these Adblockers create trouble like blocking some files.
Few of the users have recommended this method as they tried disabling ad blocker to fix twitch error 2000.
You can uninstall the ad blocker app or disable the Adblocker extension to find if this is creating a problem or not.
On Google Chrome click on the 3 dots located at the very right-hand top, hover up to more tools, and click on Extensions.
Look for the Adblocker extension and then click on Disable. Once done, restart the browser or PC and then try again.
FIX 5 – Disable AntiVirus and Firewall
Probably your Antivirus program has blocked a few of the twitch files which can be either because of any suspicious files or maybe accidentally.
So in order to assure this, you can try disabling your antivirus program and check again.
Windows default security like Windows Bitdefender can also cause this twitch error 2000. You can try disabling it on your Windows PC and then make a restart.
If you are using any third-party antivirus like Norton then you can simply disable it from the taskbar system tray. Look for the Norton antivirus icon, right-click on it and choose Disable Auto to protect.
How to Disable Windows Defender on Windows 10 & 11
- Type virus in the windows search box and choose Virus & threat protection.
- Scroll down a bit to Virus & threat protection settings and click on Manage settings.
- Here just click on the toggle of Real-time protection to disable it.
Similarly, look for Windows defender Firewall and also disable it to find if this fixes the problem.
Make sure if this helps you then you need to make an exception for a twitch in your Antivirus program.
How to Add Twitch to Antivirus and Firewall Exception
- Type Virus on windows search and from the suggestions choose Virus & threat protection.
- Scroll down a bit to Virus & threat protection settings and click on Manage settings.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and you will find “Exclusions”, click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Click on the + icon of Add an Exclusion and then choose the twitch location if you are using the Twitch desktop app.
FIX 6 – Fix Issues on Browser
Browser is the second major cause behind twitch network error 2000 and so here we will fix all browser issues for different browsers.
Let me start with Google Chrome first as this is used by most of the users and so mostly network error issues come on chrome.
How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (Chrome)
So if you have tried all the above fixes and still the issue has not been resolved then I am very sure the problem is with the browser.
There are a couple of things on browsers that can create issues, let’s fix them all one by one.
1- Clear Browsing Data
Previously stored browser data, caches, and cookies can also create such issues while using twitch on Chrome browser.
Follow the below steps to clear chrome browsing data.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click on the 3 dots located at the very right-hand top and choose settings.
- Click on “Privacy & Security” and then on “Clear browsing Data”.
- Click on the Advanced tab, set the time range to all, and uncheck the box of Password and Autofill form data.
- Check all other boxes and then click on Clear Data.
Once done restart your browser, open the twitch website again, and check if now it’s playing the stream or not.
2- Disable all the Extensions
There are several extensions that enhance the features and explore more options but sometimes few extensions can be buggy or malicious and can create problems on PC.
- On Google chrome click on the 3 dots at the right-hand top, hover up to More tools, and choose Extensions.
- All the installed extensions will be displayed on the screen. First, remove all those extensions that you don’t identify or are not in use.
- Now disable all the extensions one by one, reopen the twitch website, and play any stream to check if stream video is now playing.
If the stream plays fine now without any error then it confirms the problem was with any of the extensions.
You better now enable extensions one by one and keep checking twitch stream after enabling every extension. Doing so will help to find the exact extension creating trouble.
- Open Chrome settings by clicking on the 3 dots at the right-hand top.
- Click on Privacy & Security from the left-hand panel.
- Now click on Site settings and scroll down to the bottom of the Content section.
4- Reset Chrome
If none above solutions for chrome worked then try resetting the entire chrome settings. This can fix the problem if an error is coming due to any chrome settings.
- Open Google Chrome, click on 3 dots at the very right-hand top and choose Settings.
- Click on Advanced to explore more options and then click on Reset and Clean up.
- Now click on “Restore settings to their original defaults”.
Restart the Chrome browser and check again if this fixes the issues.
5- Disable Chrome Hardware Acceleration
- Open Chrome settings.
- Click on Advanced to explore more options and then on System from the left-hand menu panel.
- Here you will find “Use hardware acceleration when available” click on the toggle to disable it.
Once done, restart the browser and check again.
How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (Firefox)
Firefox users may also get twitch network error 2000 while playing any stream. However, troubleshooting is almost the same as other browsers but still, I am sharing a complete tutorial with steps.
1- Clear Cache and Cookies
- Click on the hamburger icon at the very right-hand top and then click on Settings.
- Now click on Privacy & Security, scroll down to Cookies and Site data and then click on Clear Data.
- Check both the boxes of “Cookies and Site data” and “Cached web content”.
- Now click on Clear and then again click on Clear data.
2- Disable Ads on (Extensions)
- Click on the hamburger icon at the very right-hand top and then click on Add-ons & Themes.
- From the left-hand menus click on Extensions and you will find all the installed extensions here.
- Remove all those that you don’t identify or don’t need, rest disable it by clicking on the toggle switch.
3 – Try Updating or downgrading Firefox
Updating firefox will fix any bugs that were in the previous version but many users also suggested that they had problems with the new updated version.
So you better try both if none of the above fixes work.
You can update Firefox by clicking on the right-hand top hamburger icon > Help > About Firefox.
FIX 7 – Try Twitch Desktop App
I am very sure the above fixes will fix your problem of twitch error 2000 but still, if you have issues then you must try the twitch desktop app.
Simply visit the twitch desktop download website and download the app depending on your OS.
Once downloaded follow the steps for installation and login with your account.
Try playing any stream to see if it runs fine.
How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000 (Mobile)
I can’t miss the users who have the same problem of twitch network error 2000 on their android and iPhone.
Mobile users also have this buffering black screen issues and again this basically happens because of network and app problems.
Follow these below fixes to fix the twitch network errors on Android and iPhone.
FIX 1 – Restart Phone and Modem
You must first try restarting your phone especially if you are connected through mobile data.
As discussed above the major cause seems to be because of the network problem and mobile data sometimes goes very slow and here simple restart can fix your problem.
You must also try restarting your modem/router if you have connected your phone with it.
FIX 2 – Use VPN to fix Twitch Network Error 2000
Accessing twitch from different locations can always help you during such network errors.
This problem may be because you are on a blacklisted location or either your location is too far from the twitch server location.
Install nordVPN which is recommended or any other VPN according to your choice.
Connect VPN to the United States city that is nearest to your location. You can get the twitch server location from Twitch ingest endpoint.
FIX 3 – Change Video Resolution
This is another recommended method or a trick suggested by many users.
People suggested that changing twitch video resolution from Auto or 1080p to 720p fixed their problem of Twitch network error 2000 on their mobile.
Launch the twitch app and pull up any stream, click on the setting cog icon, and from the quality choose 720p.
You can also try 480p in case 720p doesn’t work. You can also try restarting the app.
FIX 4 – Clear Twitch app Cache
Clearing the twitch app cache is very easy.
- Open mobile settings and then open apps or apps manager.
- Look for the twitch app or you can also search for the twitch app from the search box.
- Tap on twitch and then tap on Clear Cache.
Once done, restart the phone and check again if the issue is resolved. You can also try clearing the data if clearing the cache doesn’t work.
FIX 5 – Reinstall Twitch App
Did you try everything to fix twitch network error 2000 on mobile but nothing worked. Don’t worry there is still a way that you can try.
Reinstalling apps is another best way to fix problems with the application.
Tap and hold on to the twitch app, choose to uninstall. Once uninstalled, open your app store or play store and download the twitch app again.
Hopefully, the problem will be fixed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you are getting twitch network error 2000 or just network error only on one stream then there is no problem with your device, browser, app, or connection.
As I guess other streams on twitch are working fine, probably there can be 2 reasons.
⮞ Problems on streamers end, so you better speak to them on the chat and let them know about the issue.
⮞ Problem with the resolution, so change the stream resolution. If it’s set to Auto or 1080p, then try changing to 720p or 480p.
On the Opera browser also you can get twitch network error 2000 and you can try the same troubleshooting steps as instructed for Chrome and Firefox above.
⮞ Clear browsing data, cache, and cookies
⮞ Disable all Extensions
Twitch VOD network error basically occurs due to a twitch outage. In order to assure you can try opening VOD or downloading it from different devices and networks.
Better wait for some time or visit the twitch status check website to see the current status.
I understand this is a huge list of troubleshooting which may even take enough time if some of the top fixes don’t work for you.
But finally, the solution is more important for me and I guess for you as well. You can also check twitch status as well if you have the same problem on every device.
Try all the fixes one by one and carefully fix this twitch network error 2000 and let me know in the comment box which method worked for you.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.