You may have blocked someone on steam just because you are mad at them or probably accidentally. In this guide, I will explain step by step how to unblock someone on steam both from PC and mobile app.
Blocking and Unblocking people on steam can be complicated sometimes for the users.
Steam allows you to store multiple games without occupying much space on your computer and you can connect and chat with other users in a community.
How to Unblock Someone on Steam (PC)
If you have changed your mind and want to unblock someone on steam then this can be done in a few seconds.
Steam keeps changing their menus locations and so I am sharing the information which is updated and latest. By the way, if you are a beginner streamer on twitch then you must join a few best twitch communities for twitch streamers.
The process will be the same either you do from steam client to through the browser.
- Launch Steam client or through the web and make sure you are logged in with your steam account.
- From the top menu hover up to your “name” that will be on the very right of Community.
- Now from the drop-down, click on “Friends” which will bring up the friend dashboard.
- From the left-hand menu, click on the Blocked menu and then on “Manage Blocked”.
- Here you can view the list of all the blocked users. Simply click on the user to whom you want to unblock and then click on unblock as shown in the image below.
Now if you have multiple users to mass unblock then check all the users and then click on unblock.
Once done, refresh steam and you will find that the user has been unblocked now.
How to Unblock someone on Steam (Mobile)
You can also manage blocking and unblocking people through steam mobile apps as well.
The following steps are similar for both Android and iPhone.
- Launch your steam app and then tap on the hamburger ≡ icon on the very left-hand top.
- Tap on the “You & Friends” drop-down and then on “Friends”.
- Friend dashboard will now be up. Tap on Manage Friends List to explore all the options.
- Now look for the user to whom you want to unblock and tap on the box to check which is on the very right of every user.
- Once the box is checked, tap on “Unblock”.
If you have a long list to unblock people then better tap on all the uses first and then finally click on Unblock to mass unblock people.
How to View blocked people list on Steam App
Probably you wish to view the list of the people on steam who are on your blacklist. However, even I recommend that you should at least check blocklist people once a month.
Many times we block people just because they are lagging which will of course not be permanent.
But we miss to unblock them and so you must check and unblock people whom you block temporarily or accidentally.
- Launch your steam app on mobile.
- Tap on the hamburger ≡ icon at the very left-hand top and from the menu options tap on You & Friends.
- From the drop-down tap on Friends. Now tap on Your friends drop-down and choose Blocked.
- Here you will find the list of people who are blocked.
You can check the list and unblock them with the instructions given above.
Blocking and unblocking is an important part of social groups and almost every social app that connects people provides this feature.
Hopefully, I have given clear instructions on how to unblock someone on steam for both PC and mobile.
Keep checking your steam block list and assure you have not blocked someone who is your friend or who was temporarily blocked.
If still, you have any questions related to steam unblocking let me know in the comment box.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.