Discord gives you an amazing feature where members can see what game you are playing. But in this guide, I will brief how to stop discord showing what game you are playing.
This is called Discord game activity which is used by most people but many want to hide this feature probably because of privacy.
The good news is that you can easily hide games you are playing on both Discord PC and mobile.
This is an updated article, so make you read the entire article for brief information.
- 1 How to Stop Discord showing what Game you are Playing (PC)
- 2 How to Stop Discord showing what Game you are Playing (Android/iPhone)
- 3 Discord Game Activity not Showing
- 4 How to show what game you are playing on Discord
- 5 Discord Showing the Wrong Game
How to Stop Discord showing what Game you are Playing (PC)
To hide what game you are playing on discord you need to disable Discord activity status.
But there are a few more options that you must see. Follow the below steps
- Launch the Discord app on your PC or laptop.
- Click on the settings cog icon located at the left-hand bottom to open Discord security.
- From the left-hand menu options, scroll down and click on Activity Privacy.
- Now on the right-hand side, you will see the Activity Status. Click the toggle off next to “Display current activity as a status message” to stop discord from showing what game you are playing.
There are a few more options below like “Allow friends to join your game” and “Allow voice channel participants to join your game”. But once you disable the activity status, the other below options won’t work.
How to Stop Discord showing what Game you are Playing (Android/iPhone)
Hiding what game you are playing on Discord mobile is also easy and simple.
There has been a lot of change in discord navigation and the location of the Activity status has been changed.
Follow below simple steps.
- Launch the discord app on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap on the profile picture at the very right-hand corner.to open discord settings.
- Look for Privacy & Safety and tap on it.
- Here scroll down a bit and you will find Activity Status. Below that tap the toggle off next to “Display current activity as a Status message”.
Now you have successfully stopped discord from showing games you play.
Discord Game Activity not Showing
Discord keeps changing its navigation both on Discord PC and the mobile app.
So if you are looking for game activity or activity status for purposes like how to stop discord showing what game you are playing then you must have issues finding it.
Even if you are streaming on Twitch you can get many viewers from a discord server for which you should connect your twitch with a discord account.
Here I am sharing the new location of the Discord Game activity updated as October 2022.
Now you will see Game activity as Activity Status and this will be either under “Activity settings” or “Privacy & Safety”.
Discord Game Activity not showing on PC
- Open the Discord app or through the web.
- Click on the profile picture at the left-hand bottom corner.
- From the left-hand menu scroll down to Activity settings, then click on Activity Privacy and here you will find activity status which is also called Game Activity.
- If you are not able to find it in Activity settings then from the left-hand settings menu options click on Privacy & Safety. Here you will find the Activity status.
Discord Game Activity not showing on Mobile
- Launch the discord app on your Android or iPhone.
- Slide the screen to the right and then tap on your profile picture at the right-hand bottom.
- Tap on Privacy & Safety and look for Activity Status
How to show what game you are playing on Discord
Discord gives you an amazing feature through which you can show people on discord that currently which game you are playing.
People can even join your game without sending requests.
This can be easily done by enabling Activity Status from your discord settings.
The feature was earlier called Game activity. Follow the below steps to enable Activity status on Discord.
- Open the Discord app and then tap on your profile picture to open Discord settings.
- From the left-hand menu options, scroll down to Activity settings and then click on Activity Privacy.
- Click on the toggle to turn it green which means it has been enabled.
Discord Showing the Wrong Game
Many discord users reported that discord is showing the wrong game in the Activity status rich snippet.
Discord may show some game statuses even if you are not playing. Many users also use discord’s custom status to show different games or statuses.
If Discord is showing playing game status even if you are not playing then press Ctrl + R key to refresh the discord screen.
But If Discord is showing the wrong game then probably the game is not registered and you Add the game manually by following the below simple steps
- Launch the Discord app and then click on the profile picture to open the discord settings.
- From the left-hand menu, scroll down and click on Registered Games.
- Click on Add it and from the list look for the game you are playing.
Discord is the ultimate communication platform for gaming and most gamers use this app to chat with each other and also to boost their stream.
You can let people on Discord know which game you are playing and can get more viewers from your discord as well.
But sometimes or there are many people who wish to play games secretly and what you learned here that how to stop discord showing what game you are playing.
I have also shared much-related information here and hopefully, your purpose of coming to this article has been completed.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.