Discord was initially made for gamers to enjoy comms-in-game. Recently while streaming games like Valorant on Discord players are having trouble where viewers cannot hear the comms in-game but can hear the game audio. In this guide, I will brief step on step how to hear Valorant comms on the Discord stream.
If you are a Valorant player then you can improve tons of skills by communicating with teammates and viewers want to hear that conversation.
I am using Discord for the last 4 years and also playing Valorant for a long time. Yesterday in order to test this I started streaming Valorant on Discord with 3 live viewers.
They were able to hear game audio but not in-game comms.
It took me 2 hours to find the complete fix for this problem and that is what I am sharing here with you.
How to Hear Valorant Comms on Discord Stream
To hear your Valorant comms on the discord stream, make sure that all audio settings from your Windows PC, Discord, and Valorant are properly configured.
Open your discord and make sure the streamer mode is enabled.
Now open your Valorant game and discord will pop up to start streaming on Discord.
If your input and output are properly connected and configured, viewers would be able to hear in-game Valorant comms on the discord stream.
If you have done and still can’t hear Valorant comms on the Discord stream then apply the below fixes.
Unable to hear Valorant Comms on Discord Stream
There can be multiple reasons why viewers cannot hear Valorant voice chat on Discord.
I am sharing the 5 best solutions to fix the problem of how to hear Valorant comms on the discord stream.
You need to check and troubleshoot all of them one by one.
FIX 1 – Run Discord as an Administrator
Running discord as an administrator gives you the full privileges to perform the application correctly.
However, Windows 10 and 11 give discord enough permission without running as admin but still, sometimes possibilities are that it may not work properly.
You can consider this method as a basic one and simply restart your discord and then start Discord as an administrator.
Right-click on the Discord icon and choose Properties. From the properties box, click on Compatibility and check the box of Run as an Administrator.
FIX 2 – Check Windows Sound settings
When I was testing how to stream Valorant voice chat on discord, I found my viewers cant hear my in-game voice.
This possibly happens when you have multiple input and output devices like headphones and external mics.
On your Windows 10 or 11 PC and laptop, follow the below steps.
- Type sound settings in your Windows search box and from the suggestion choose Sound settings.
- Here on the top, you will find an option to Choose your output device. Click on the drop-down and choose the right output device.
- Scroll down a bit and you will find an option to Choose your input device. Click on the drop-down and choose the right input device as this will pick your in-game audio.
- Now from the settings search box, type sound mixer and then click on sound mixer options.
- Here in the app section, you will find Discord. Choose the right output and input device from the right-hand drop-down.
Once done check back by making a test stream to know if everything is working fine.
If not then you also need to assure that your Discord and Valorant sound settings are correct.
FIX 3 – Check Discord Voice Settings
If you are streaming on discord with all your teammates on discord voice chat or if just your voice can’t be heard by the viewers then you must check discord voice settings.
Assure that when you start streaming Valorant on Discord, the Valorant game is automatically picked by Discord where you get a notification of Go Live on Discord.
Once done follow the below steps.
- Launch the Discord app and click on the settings gear icon at the very left-hand bottom.
- From the left-hand menu, scroll down and click on Voice & Video.
- Choose the right output and input device.
- In the Voice & video settings, scroll down and disable Echo cancellation, Noise suppression, Advanced voice activity, and Automatic gain control. These options are only good when you are using discord voice chat.
Once done restart the discord stream and check again if the problem is fixed.
FIX 4 – Check Valorant Sound Settings
If Valorant voice settings have been accidentally changed then your Valorant in-game comms will not be audible in the stream.
- Open Valorant and click on the settings gear icon at the very right-hand top.
- Click on Settings and from the top menu, click on Audio.
- Now click on Voice chat and check if the output and input devices are selected for the right device.
Assure the volume and go with a loopback test to check if the audio level is audible enough or not.
Also, enable party voice chat and then set party voice activation mode to Automatic.
Once done start streaming on Discord and I am very sure that you would be able to hear Valorant comms on the discord stream.
FIX 5 – Update Audio drivers
If you have applied all the above solutions and still having issues then probably outdated or corrupted audio drivers are creating the problem.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and from the list choose Device manager.
- From the device manager box, look for the Sound video and game controller and double-click on it to expand all audio drivers.
- Look for the right audio driver which can be Realtek, right-click on it and choose update driver.
- Go with search automatically for drivers and follow the steps.
If this doesn’t work or says the driver is already updated then you can manually download Realtek audio driver and install it. Watch the below video on how to install Realtek audio driver.
Also Read – 7 Best Discord Unblocked Websites
How to Stream Valorant Voice Chat on Discord
Streaming Valorant or any game on Discord is easy and simple. Follow below simple steps.
There are 2 ways through which you can stream Valorant on Discord.
Method 1 – Discord Screen Share
Launch the game you want to stream and then come to your Discord server where you want to stream that game.
Open the voice channel and then click on Screen.
Now from the options choose the game screen that you want to stream and then click on Go Live.
Method 2 – Discord Go Live
Once Valorant game is added to Discord registered games whenever you will play Valorant, discord will pop up to Go Live on Discord to stream Valorant.
You can click on Go live and you will start streaming.
Another way is you will find the Valorant game just above your discord profile picture at the left-hand bottom.
Click on the Share screen icon that says Stream Valorant, choose the channel and resolution, then click on Go Live.
How to Talk in party chat Valorant?
You can party chat on Valorant both through text and voice chat. For Party voice chat just type /party before the message and hit the enter key.
For voice party chats you can either use automatic way or push to talk. Make sure party chat is enabled on Valorant.
- Launch the Valorant game, click on the settings gear icon at the right-hand top, and then click on Settings.
- From the top menu options, click on Audio and then click on Voice chat.
- Here you will find party voice chat, make sure it’s enabled.
- Now from party voice-activation mode, choose how you would like to voice chat.
You can either go with push to talk for which you need to press the U key to talk or go with Automatic.
Also read – How to Stream Games and Movies on Discord
Why can’t I hear my Teammates talking in VALORANT?
Many Valorant players have issues where they can’t hear their teammates talking in Valorant.
So why Valorant voice chat is not working?
The major cause of this issue is the voice chat output device of Valorant.
Open Valorant settings and then from the top-hand menu, click on Audio and then on Voice chat. Here make sure output and input devices are selected for the right device that you are using.
Also, check the volume and restart the Valorant game and
Hopefully, after reading this article you know How to hear valorant comms on discord steam and how you can fix if you can’t fix Valorant comms on Discord stream.
If you are a beginner streamer then you can create your own discord server and stream Valorant while enjoying the game.
After reading this article, if you still have any issues then let me know in the comment box.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.