If I am not wrong you are planning to upload your twitch broadcast on YouTube right? And so you must know how to enable VODS on Twitch as then only you would be able to export videos.
Today in the world of streaming, Twitch has become a huge platform for the streamers as well as for the viewers.
But still, platforms like YouTube wears a crown having more viewers and you should upload your videos on YouTube to increase your earnings as well as for your branding.
How to Enable VODs on Twitch in 2022?
Twitch Store past Broadcast also called VOD (Video on Demand) can be easily enabled on both twitch desktop and phone as well.
There has been a lot of change in the twitch dashboard and so I am updating the latest instructions to enable the twitch store past broadcast.
How to Enable Twitch “Save Past Broadcast” on PC
- Open Twitch Website or app on your PC and make sure you are signed in to your twitch account.
- Click on the profile picture located at the very right-hand top and then choose Settings from the suggestions drop-down.
- In the settings, click on the “Channel & Videos” tab which will open the twitch dashboard.
- Now from the left-hand menu under the creator dashboard, click on “Settings” and then on “Stream“.
- Scroll a little down and you will see VOD settings and under that, you will “Store past broadcast”. Click on the toggle to enable it.
How to Enable Twitch “Save Past Broadcast” on Mobile
You can also enable and save your twitch stream by enabling VOD on your mobile.
Once you enabled VOD and save videos you can upload them to other social platforms like YouTube to gain more subscribers. This is far much better and safe than people using a view bot to get views on twitch.
Follow the simple steps.
- Launch Chrome browser on the phone and type www.twitch.com on your browser to open the website.
- Now once the twitch website is up, tap on the ⋮ 3 dot icon of the chrome located at the very right-hand top. From the drop-down check the option of “Desktop Site”.
- Twitch will now load in the desktop version and on the right-hand top, you will see the option of login, tap on it and sign in to your account.
- Once logged in, tap on your profile picture at the right-hand top and choose “Settings” from the suggestions drop-down.
- From the settings section tap on “Channels and Videos” which will bring you to the Twitch dashboard.
- Now tap on the |→ icon, tap on Setting, and then on Stream.
- Scroll down a little and you will see the VOD settings. Under VOD settings enable the option of “Store past broadcast”.
Your stream will now be recorded and saved for 14 days and 60 days for the channel partner and prime members.
To view your saved broadcast and to know how to save these broadcasts permanently keep reading.
How to View my saved VOD or Broadcast on Twitch
Once you have enabled VOD on twitch you can easily view it by following the below instructions.
- Open your Twitch application either on PC or mobile desktop mode and make sure you are signed with the same account for which you need the saved broadcast.
- Tap on the profile picture at the right-hand top and choose “Settings”.
- The Creator dashboard will now be up, from the menu options click on “Content” and then on “Video Producer“.
- This will display all your recorded and saved broadcasts.
How to Save Stream VOD permanently on Twitch
As you know now that by default broadcast will be only saved for 14 or 60 days and there is no other option to save permanently.
But here is a trick that I want to share through which you can save this twitch broadcast permanently.
The trick is that we will convert these broadcast videos to highlight. Just follow the below steps
- Open twitch, click on the profile picture at the right-hand top, and click on “Creator Dashboard”.
- The Creator dashboard will now be up and from the left-hand menu bar click on “Content” and then on “Video producer”.
- This will display all your saved videos. Choose the broadcast video that you want to save permanently and click on Highlight which is in front of it.
- You will be now on Highlight editor and here you can save the entire video or any specific portion of the video.
- Use the drag box below to select the video portion, and extend it to take the highlight of the full video.
- Once done click on Publish highlight and the video will now upload, it may take some time depending on the video length.
- Meanwhile, you can fill in other details like thumbnails, titles, descriptions, and tags. Once uploaded click on Save changes.
Your video will now be saved in your videos section permanently and you would better try now.
FAQs on How to Turn on VODs on Twitch
Generally, the estimated time is 24 hours where Twitch Stream VOD is available but sometimes it may take some hours extra or before 24 hours.
Make sure that you have enabled the VOD after watching the above information on how to save streams on Twitch.
There can be a couple of reasons why your VOD was not saved
– VOD or Store past broadcast was not saved.
– VOD got automatically deleted (7 days for normal broadcaster and 60 days for prime, turbo, and partners
VOD stands for Video on demand.
I am sure this article helped you to know not only how to enable VOD on twitch but also how to view the saved VODs and how to save them permanently.
The above information was all for the PC and mobile users as well.
I would be happy to help if you have any other queries based on this article or any questions related to twitch. Leave your comment and I will surely answer your question.
Even, if you request any tutorial I will write a blog on it.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.
5 thoughts on “How to Enable VODs on Twitch in 2022 – (PC & Mobile)”