In this article, I will explain how to enable BTTV Emotes on Twitch channel and how you can use these BetterTTV emotes step by step.
I am sure you might have seen people on twitch chat spamming with new and cool BTTV emotes just like MonkaW.
What is BetterTTV Twitch?
BetterTTV or Better Twitch TV also called BTTV is an extension that enhances your Twitch with different global emotes and other features.
Most Twitch users are using this extension to enjoy the amazing feature of BTTV, so why not you?
The Best part is you can download this extension for almost all browsers.
- 1 How to Enable BTTV Emotes on Twitch Channel
- 2 How to USE BetterTTV Emotes on Twitch Channel
- 4 How do I Enable BTTV and FrankerFaceZ? Emotes on my channel OBS?
How to Enable BTTV Emotes on Twitch Channel
Before enabling BTTV, assure that you have downloaded the better twitch TV extension.
Installing and Enabling BTTV Emotes on Twitch channels is easy and simple. This needs to be done in 2 steps, where first we will download the extension and then enable it.
Just follow the below instructions.
STEP 1 – Download BetterTTV on your Twitch Channel
- Navigate to the Better Twitch TV website on your browser and then click on Download for Chrome as I am using chrome here for the explanation.
- For any other browser, it will automatically detect but in case if it fails then click on Change browser that is just below to Download.
- Once you click on Download you will be redirected to the Chrome web store.
- Here you will see the Better TTV icon and in front of that, you will find Add to Chrome, click on it.
- Click on Add to extension and BetterTTV will now be added to your browser.
If you don’t see the icon of BetterTTV on the extension bar, then click on the puzzle icon and then click on the pin that is in front of the Better TTV.
STEP 2 – Enable Better TTV Emotes on Twitch Channel
We are now ready to enable Better TTV Emotes on Twitch as BTTV has been installed.
- Restart the browser, as this requires to be updated. Open the Twitch website on your browser and make sure you are signed in to your account.
- Now on the very right-hand bottom beside your chat, you will find a setting cog icon. Click on it and you will now see the BetterTTV section has been added to your chat settings.
- Under the BetterTTV section, you will find “BetterTTV settings”, click on it.
- Better TTV settings box will now be up, scroll down until you find “Emote Menu” and “Emotes”.
- Click on the Toggle switch of Emote Menu to enable BTTV Emotes and check all the boxes of Emotes.
You are all done and ready to use BetterTTV Emotes on your channel. Now let’s see how to use BTTV Emotes on Twitch.
How to USE BetterTTV Emotes on Twitch Channel
Ok so we are now ready to use BTTV Emotes on the Twitch channel, using BTTV Emotes is simple and you just need to go through with simple steps.
- Open the Twitch website and then navigate to your favorite creator channel.
- Now besides the CHAT, you will find that a new smiley emotes section has been added by BTTV.
- Once you click on emote icon you will find “BetterTTV Channel emotes” and “BTTV Global Emotes”.
- Now to use these emotes simply click on the emote icon, click on emote, and then on enter to send. You can also write the name of emote, and then press enter.
- For example, if I want to send Pepe emote, I will type PepeD and then hit on Enter.
NOTE:- Adding new emotes or BTTV emotes may take some time to reflect on your chat, so have patience and wait for at least 1 hour.
How to add more BTTV Emotes to Twitch Channel
If you need more BTTV emotes like MonkaW or MonkaS then navigate to the BetterTTV website and look for emotes that you need.
Now let’s say you want to add MonkaS, so simply click on it, and from the next page click on Add to Channel.
Refresh the Twitch to see the changes and remember that emotes may take around 1 hour to reflect.
How do I Enable BTTV and FrankerFaceZ? Emotes on my channel OBS?
To enable BTTV Emotes on the OBS channel you first need to make sure that the BTTV extension has been installed and enabled.
I have already shared the details above on how to enable BTTV emotes on Twitch.
Ok, once you are done enabling BTTV, restart your OBS and follow the steps below.
- On the very right-hand bottom of OBS, you will find settings. Click on it and the settings window will now be up.
- From the left-hand OBS settings menu, click on Stream and here in the service, you will find twitch. Please sign in if you are not logged in to twitch.
- Now come to Twitch Chat Ads-on and click on the dropdown.
- Here you will see 3 options which are Better TTV, FrankerfaceZ, BetterTTV, and FrankerfaceZ.
- So if you want to go with just BetterTTV then select BetterTTV and for both BetterTTV and frankerfaceZ choose BetterTTV and FrankerfaceZ.
- Once done click on Apply and then on Ok.
You will now see twitch chat coming on the right-hand side with all betterTTV emotes.
FAQs on how to Enable BTTV Emotes on Twitch?
If you have properly followed the process of installation and enabling BetterTTV, then kindly wait for some time like an hour.
In some cases BTTV takes some time to show, so don’t get panic and check back again in an hour.
So once you have installed BTTV, click on the smiley emote icon just beside CHAT. Here on the top, you will find BTTV Channel Emotes, and below will be BTTV global emotes.
BetterTTV is not an official partner of Twitch and is a third-party website. As BTTV enhances your Twitch features and does not violate any twitch policy.
So BTTV is allowed on Twitch.
No, as of now BTTV is only available for PC users and mobile users cannot use it to install emotes.
But once enabled from a PC you can use it on your mobile.
BetterTTV really enhances the Twitch experience with several emotes and other features.
Hopefully, you have got all the information on how to enable BetterTTV emotes on the Twitch channel and if I have still missed something, please let me know in the comment box.
I would really appreciate it if you also share your favorite and trending BetterTTV emote that will surely help our other readers.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.