Have you made up your mind to donate to your favorite streamer, GREAT?. In this article, I will brief how to donate money on Twitch in all possible ways.
As viewers expect the best stream from streamers similarly streamers also need viewer’s support which can be done through donations.
Now before proceeding, I would like to tell you that streamers spend lots of time and money to entertain you with their stream.
If you are a regular viewer of your favorite streamer then you should support them through donations.
- 1 How to Donate Money on Twitch
- 1.1 1- SUBSCRIPTION
- 1.2 2 – Gift a Sub DONATION
- 1.3 3 – How to Donate Money on Twitch Using BITS
- 1.4 4 – How to Donate Money on Twitch with DIRECT DONATIONS
- 1.5 6 – Patreon
- 1.6 7 – FREE DONATION on TWITCH
- 1.7 Share this:
- 1.8 Like this:
How to Donate Money on Twitch
There are different ways to donate money to your favorite twitch streamers. These different ways will help you to pick the one which is more convenient for you.
Many streamers avoid PayPal because of Twitch PayPal chargebacks, and this is why you must read the entire article to better understand everything related to donations in Twitch.
In this guide, I will share 7 different ways to donate money to twitch streamers.
If you are a regular viewer of any twitch streamer then the subscription is the first way to donate money to twitch streamer where in return you also get access to many perks like the ads-free stream.
This can be really a good way to support your favorite streamer every month as streamers would earn money every month if they have some good subscribers.
There are basically 3 types of subscriptions available in Twitch.
- Tier 1 costs $4.99 every month
- Tier 2 costs $9.99 every month
- Tier 3 costs $24.99 respectively.
Different tiers have their own perks and mostly people subscribe with tier 1 and 2 level subscriptions. But it depends on you what kind of support you can give to your streamer.
How to Subscribe to any Twitch Streamer in 2022 (PC)
- Open stream of the streamer you want to subscribe to.
- Just below the twitch video player on the right-hand side you will see the Subscribe button, click on it.
- By default it will display tier 1 subscription, if you want to go with tier 2 or tier 3 then scroll down and click on Go above and Beyond drop-down.
- Choose your final tier for the sub and click on Subscribe which will take you to the Checkout box.
- Now select your mode of payment to buy the subscription. You can either go with PayPal, debit, or credit card.
Once the payment is completed your subscription to the channel will be started and probably streamer will appreciate you for the sub and the support.
How to Subscribe to any Twitch Streamer in 2022 (Mobile)
Most of the viewers I guess use their android or iPhone to watch the stream. Now in order to get all features and payments options from mobile, there will be a little workaround.
But no need to worry, below are the simple steps that will guide you step by step.
- Open the Twitch app, tap on your profile picture located at the left-hand top.
- From the options tap on Account Settings and then on Community guidelines.
- Now tap on the human icon at the right-hand top and then on the browse. This will open the twitch app in desktop mode.
- Sign in again if it asks to and then opens the channel of the streamer you want to subscribe to.
- Just below the twitch video player you will find the Subscribe button, tap on it.
- By default tier 1 subscription will be opened, if you want to go with tier 1 or 2 then tap on Go above and beyond and change your sub-tier.
- Now click on Subscribe again and choose the payment method through which you want to pay.
2 – Gift a Sub DONATION
You may have seen another option of “Gift a Sub” which is just to the left of Subscribe button.
If you are already a subscriber, still you can donate to your streamer by gifting sub to other followers in the channel.
Now this benefit streamer in two different ways
- The streamer will gain a Sub
- This will convert more viewers into followers as they see a chance to gain a Sub gift.
How to Gift a Sub in Twitch (PC)
- Open twitch and then navigate to the channel of streamer where you want to gift a sub.
- Click on Subscribe which is just below the twitch video player and then click on Gift a sub as shown in the image below.
- Now choose the preset which is 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. Once selected click on the amount and then proceed to pay with your preferred mode of payment.
How to Gift a Sub in Twitch (Mobile)
- Open the Twitch app, tap on your profile picture at the left-hand top and choose Account Settings from the options.
- Now tap on Community Guidelines and then on the human icon at the right-hand top.
- Tap on Browse and this will now open the twitch app in desktop mode.
- Open the channel of the streamer where you want to gift a sub. Tap on Subscribe and then from the next box tap on Gift a Sub that is just left to Subscribe button.
- Now choose how many subs you want to buy and then click on the amount to proceed to pay with your preferred debit or credit card.
3 – How to Donate Money on Twitch Using BITS
Bits is a kind of currency that can be used in twitch which can be earned and purchased. This seems a good option when you want to tip your streamer quickly within twitch.
Now donation through bits is another option for you, in case another option doesn’t seem good to you.
Donating to twitch streamers through Bits is called cheering and if you click on the Bits icon in the chat it says “Join this party with bits”.
How to Donate Money on Twitch with BITS (PC)
Just follow below simple steps to give bits on twitch and the steps for mobile will be just after this. First, you need to buy bits and then you can cheermotes.
How to Buy Bits in Twitch
- Open Twitch and navigate to the channel of your streamer.
- Click on the diamond shape icon of BITS that is on the right-hand side of the chatbox.
- In the blue box, it will display the total bits you have, I guess you must have 0 so click on Get bits to purchase some.
- Now choose the number of bits you want to buy by clicking on the amount displayed on the right of it.
- Select the mode of payment through which you want to buy bits.
Once the payment is done bits will be displayed in your available bits box. So now you are ready to give bits to twitch streamers.
How to Donate Bits on Twitch
- Open stream of the streamer to whom you want to donate bits.
- Click on the bits icon that is in the chatbox and this will display the cheermotes from 1 to 10,000. For more, you can click on “Show all Cheermotes”.
- Click on the cheermotes that you want to donate and then hit enter.
You have now successfully cheered bits to the streamer.
How to Donate Money on Twitch with BITS (Mobile)
You can follow the same steps to buy or donate BITs on twitch. In case while purchasing bits you want more payment options then you need to access the twitch app in desktop mode.
- Open the twitch app, tap on your profile picture at the left-hand top, and choose Account settings.
- Tap on Community guidelines and then on the human icon at the right-hand top.
- Now tap on Browse and the twitch app will now load in the desktop version.
Follow the same steps now as brief above to buy and send BITS in twitch.
4 – How to Donate Money on Twitch with DIRECT DONATIONS
While writing this article, I kept the majority of people in mind who asked what is the best way to give money to twitch streamers?
This is a direct donation to streamer where they almost get the full amount that you donate.
Generally, from the other ways of donation, twitch takes its cut so the full amount doesn’t reach the streamer.
If the streamer has set any bot for donations then you can get the link by typing !donate in the chatbox of the streamer.
PayPal is one of the best ways and if you check the streamers about section you will see a donation button that redirects to donations sites like stream elements and PayPal. But you must know how much money can you send on Paypal so in case payment fails you better speak to PayPal support.
- Open your streamer channel to whom you want to donate.
- Click on their name which is very right of their profile picture.
- Now click on the About tab and you will see all kinds of links here, look for donate button and click on it.
- You will be now redirected to the donations page, type the amount and other details to directly send the money.
So, this method is the best way to donate full money to any twitch streamer.
5 – Support Streamers by purchasing from their Affiliate links & Merch
Most of the streamers either have their merch or linked affiliate products and many have both of them.
Generally, affiliates links can be from the sponsors or affiliate sites like Amazon.
Now the best part with this affiliate link is that both streamers and viewers get benefits from this link. If you purchase any product from this affiliate link you may get a discount and a streamer will receive a small commission.
Similarly, if the streamer has their merch you can buy the products related to the streamer or their content.
This is also considered as one of the best ways to donate your favorite twitch streamer as you donate in return for some good deal.
6 – Patreon
I guess you may have heard about Patreon which I can say is a membership platform that connects directly viewers to the streamers.
There are several memberships and benefits created for a specific amount in Patreon where twitch fans can join to enjoy it.
I have seen many streamers even run twitch private streams only for their Patreon members.
You may see this option only with a few streamers but still, this is an option that exists in twitch in terms of donation.
7 – FREE DONATION on TWITCH
We can also call donations as support that every streamer needs from their viewers or fans.
If you are not in a position to donate money to your favorite twitch streamer then you can support them in many other ways.
Be Active on Stream and Engage Others
Streamers really get big support when a few of their viewers are always active on their stream and also engage other viewers by answering them in the chat.
If you are one of them who can donate with money, no problem you can still support your streamer by making their chat more active, and this all will surely bring you to the streamer’s attention one day.
Share their stream Clips
If you really love your streamer, there is a lot you can do for them without donating money.
You can share their popular clips on your social media platform or in groups.
Be a Moderator
If you follow the above 2 tips then probably streamer may have an en eye on you and select you as a mod.
There are many tasks like changing stream title and creating thumbnails which you can do as a mod to help your streamer.
Though it depends on the streamer as there is no surety whether twitch mods get paid or not.
Create Opportunities with your Skills
There could be many things you would be qualified enough with skills and probably a streamers need it.
Let your stream know about your skills and how you can help them.
This would be probably more than other donations on twitch if you really help your streamer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the best way to give money to Twitch Streamers?
The type of donations mentioned above has its own value and importance. Still, you have this question maybe you want to donate in a way that brings a real smile to the streamer’s face.
According to me the best way to give money to Twitch streamers is either through a sub or direct donation.
The new sub really makes streamers happy and direct donations too as they get the almost full amount.
How to donate money on Twitch without PayPal?
Twitch has a couple of payment modes through which you can purchase a sub or Bits. Depending on your location there are different ways of making payment.
– Credit or Debit Card
– Bank Accounts
Can you donate on Twitch without Subscribing?
Yes, there are many other ways to donate money on twitch without subscribing.
If you don’t wish to pay every month like a monthly subscription then you can also make one-time donations through bits or direct donations.
However, there are many more other ways that you can check above.
A donation is a great way to support your favorite streamer where you can help them not only with money but also without money.
If your streamer is new they really need support in order to survive long and entertain you with their gameplay, music, or other content.
You learned how to donate money on twitch and also how to support them without money so better be a part of it without any excuse and start supporting your favorite streamer.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.