If you have some weird people in your steam friend list you can quickly block all communications. In this article, I am sharing a step-by-step method on how to block people on Steam both through PC and Mobile.
Steam is a great platform that provides you with tons of games to store without occupying space on your device.
Another best part is that you interact and connect with different people in the gaming community. But sometimes you may get mad at a few people and decide to block them.
- 1 How to Block People on Steam (PC)
- 1.1 Method 1 – Block Through Steam Friends Dashboard
- 1.2 Method 2 – Block Someone Through Steam Chat
- 1.3 How to Block People on Steam (Mobile)
- 1.4 Can you view blocked players on steam?
- 1.5 How to Unfriend People on Steam
- 1.6 What happens if I block someone on steam?
- 1.7 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1.8 Share this:
- 1.9 Like this:
How to Block People on Steam (PC)
There are two different methods through which you can block someone on steam. Both these methods are easy and you can use any of them whichever you like.
Method 1 – Block Through Steam Friends Dashboard
- Open the Steam client and make sure you are logged in to your account.
- From the top menu bar, hover up to your name, and then from the drop-down click on Friends.
- Here you will see the list of all your steam friends, look for the user whom you want to block, and click on the name. You can also type the user’s name in the search box.
- User profile box will now be up, click on the drop-down at the right-hand top of the box and from the suggestion choose “Block all Communication”.
- Another box of the block all communication will popup so click on Yes, Block them.
You can do the same if you want to block more people and if you have a long list to mass block people, then follow the below steps.
How to Mass Block people on Steam Quickly
- Open Steam, click on your name, and from the suggestion choose “Friends”.
- Click on the Manage friends list located on the right-hand side.
- Here again, you will find the complete list of steam friends with a checkbox after every friend’s name.
- Start clicking on the box to check for every user you want to block. Once done click on “Block”
Method 2 – Block Someone Through Steam Chat
You can also quickly block someone on steam while using steam chat with the following simple steps.
- From the steam, dashboard click on the Chat tab located at the top. You can also access the chat option from the bottom right-hand corner.
- On the chat screen, you will see all your friends under the Offline and Online section.
- Hover up to a friend whom you want to block and click on the drop-down icon that is at the end of the username.
- From the drop-down click on Manage and then on “Block all Communications”.
So now you know both the ways to block people on steam and can use any one of them.
How to Block People on Steam (Mobile)
You can also quickly block friends on your steam from your Android or iPhone steam app.
Follow below simple steps
- Launch your steam app.
- Tap on the hamburger ≡ icon at the very left-hand top, click on You & Friends and then choose Friends.
- Look for the friend that you want to block and tap on it to open their profile.
- Now tap on the arrow down ⌄ icon and then tap on Block all Communication.
- Tap on Yes, block them again.
Now you have successfully blocked the friend from your steam list, you can do the same for other users as well.
Can you view blocked players on steam?
While playing games and using the steam community you can block players or any friends on steam.
These blocked players or friends on steam can be easily viewed under the steam block list.
Follow the below steps to view blocked players on Steam.
- Open Steam and log in with your account.
- Hover up to your name and then from the drop-down choose “Friends”.
- Now from the left-hand menu, you will see the Blocked menu that displays the total number of people you blocked.
- Once you click on Blocked you can see all the steam friends you blocked.
So in case, you change your mind you can also unblock these people on steam.
How to Unfriend People on Steam
If you have added some random strange people to your friend list or someone is no longer your friend then you can also simply unfriend and remove them from your Steam friend list.
Follow the below simple steps
- Open the Steam dashboard and login with your account.
- Hover up to your name and from the drop-down suggestion click on “Friends”.
- Now find the friend whom you want to unfriend and click on their name to bring up their profile.
- Friend profile box will now be up, click on the arrow down icon that is on the right of Message.
- From the drop-down choose Unfriend and then click on Remove friend.
This friend will be now completely removed from your Steam friend list.
What happens if I block someone on steam?
Once you block any friend on steam you will appear offline to them and further, they won’t be able to see your status online and even cannot chat with you. They won’t receive any notification and will not be notified further about the game you play on steam.
Now Steam offers two options to get rid of your mad friend, so either you can block them or also unfriend them from your friend list. Unfriend will completely remove the user from your list and they won’t be able to send you the request again.
I would recommend that if you have temporary issues with friends, kindly go with the block option and still you feel disturbed by them, kindly unfriend them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are no notifications sent to the users when you block them on steam.
So whenever your blocked friends will see your status it will always appear offline to them.
Open Manage friends on Steam and check the boxes of all the friends that you want to block and then click on Block.
There is no such option to mass delete friends on steam so you can go with this option instead of manually removing friends.
When someone blocks you on steam you will not be notified and every time you check their profile will appear offline.
Now if you doubt that a friend has blocked you, you need to check their public profile from a different steam ID.
Steam allows you to play tons of games and you can also get connected to multiple people in the steam community.
Probably most of them might be strangers that you get to know in the future what type of friends you have in your steam friend list. But fortunately, you have the option to block or unfriend them, you can take this action anytime.
Hopefully, you know now how to block people on steam and how to delete them. If you still have any doubts let me know in the comment box.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.