Are you tired of Twitch ads? or want to enjoy twitch stream with no ads, then you are in the right place. In this guide, you will learn how to block ads on Twitch.
In a nutshell, you can use browser extensions, software, and VPN to block twitch ads.
As you are here you will get the safest way to block twitch ads in 2022.
Don’t worry if you have tried an adblocker like uBlock origin that doesn’t block video ads on Twitch, I will also share the way to block all types of ads coming on Twitch.
I have also seen people asking, can you block ads on the Twitch app, so the answer is Yes.
So keep reading, as I will share the way for all browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
How to Block Ads on Twitch (PC)
Ad blocker for Twitch keeps changing as Twitch keeps working on it so that people won’t be able to block ads on Twitch.
However, it’s recommended that you must watch ads on Twitch to support your streamer. Blocking ads on Twitch will sure decrease the streamer earnings.
Is it illegal to use AdBlock for Twitch?
No, it’s not illegal to use Adblock for Twitch or any other platform but it’s not recommended by Twitch and Streamers.
Here I am sharing the 6 best ways to block ads on Twitch which is working as of August 2022.
1. Use VPN (Virtual Private Network)
These days VPNs are used by most people. Why I am putting this on the top because this is the best way to block all ads on Twitch.
There are a few countries like Poland, Ukraine, and Mexico where Twitch doesn’t show ads.
So VPN will basically connect you to these locations by providing the IP address of these countries.
Here the best VPN that we recommend is Ivacy VPN which is reliable and comes with a password manager as well.
How to Block Twitch Ads permanently with a VPN
Yes, once you switch to the location where twitch ads don’t show you would be able to permanently enjoy twitch streams without ads.
- Open the Ivacy VPN website and get the VPN or pull up the one if you already have one.
- Connect to any of the locations like Ukraine and Poland where ads don’t show on Twitch.
Refresh the browser or app now and you can now enjoy the twitch stream with no ads.
2. Use uBlock Origin to Block Ads on Twitch
uBlock Origin is one of the popular and best ways to block all twitch ads.
However, uBlock origin may not block pre-roll or mid-roll Twitch ads and for that, I have already shared the troubleshooting steps below in this article.
uBlock Origin is safe, free, and simple to set up for Twitch ad blocking.
This extension is used by more than 10 M+ users with almost a rating of 5★
Another best part of uBlock is that it can be used for all the browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge.
How to Setup uBlock Origin Twitch Ad Blocker on Chrome
- Click the link to navigate the uBlock Origin chrome extension then choose “Add to Chrome” and then on “Add Extension”.
- From the top right-hand section of Chrome, click on the puzzle icon and then click on the pin icon in front of the uBlock origin to display the extension on the extension bar.
- Now click on the uBlock Extension and then click on the settings icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Advanced section and click on the box “I am an advanced user”. Another settings icon will appear in front of the box, click on it.
- Here at the bottom look for UserResourcesLocation and double click on Unset. Now paste the below path.
- Now go to the previous page and click on the My filters tab and paste the below command
Bingo, you are all set now, restart your browser and uBlock will now block all Twitch ads.
For other browsers like Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Opera you need to follow the same steps.
3. Use Tampermonkey Extension
As we are discussing how to block ads on Twitch, Tampermonkey is another best method for blocking ads.
It’s a popular user script manager that will help to block ads.
Tampermonkey has more than 10M users with almost 5★ given by 69,582 users.
- Open the Tampermonkey extension, click on Add to Chrome, and then on Add Extension. For Firefox, Opera, and Edge the link will be below.
- Once done click on the puzzle icon at the right-hand top and then on the pin icon in front of the Tampermonkey.
- Now on the right-hand top extension bar, you will see the Tampermonkey extension icon. Click on it and then choose “Find new Scripts”.
- Here you will find the Search for user Scripts box, type twitchads in the box, and then click on Search.
- A new tab will open, click on the first link that says TwitchAdSolutions and this will take you to the GitHub page.
- Scroll down to the Scripts section and then click on the userscript from the first link that says “notify-strip – ublock / userscript / ublock (permalink)”.
- TwitchAd Solution page will now be up, click on the Install button.
Once done restart your browser and enjoy the twitch stream with no ads. Check the Tampermonkey extension link for other browsers.
Tampermonkey Twitch ad blocker Extension for Firefox
Tampermonkey Twitch ad blocker Extension for Opera
Tampermonkey Twitch ad blocker Extension for Microsoft Edge
4. Use Twitch AdBlock
Twitch Adblock is another best adblocker extension for Twitch that works with no proxies, scripts, or VPN.
When this extension skips the ad, twitch stream quality goes to 480p but within a few seconds, it automatically switches to the original stream quality.
Currently used by more than 300k+ users with a 4.1★ rating.
Its recommended by Twitch Adblock that you use this extension along with uBlock origin in case this doesn’t work.
- Open the Twitch Adblock extension, click on Add to Chrome, and then on Add Extension.
Restart the browser and now you can enjoy your favorite twitch stream with no ads.
5. Use TTV LOL
TTV LOl is currently recommended by many people as ist working successfully to block ads on Twitch.
You may know that Twitch keeps working on their system so that these extensions cannot block the ads and so many extension shows Twitch “Purple screen of death” while running a stream with these extensions.
But TTV LOL says users won’t have these issues if they use this ad blocker extension and will even lose stream quality.
- Open the TTV LOL extension, click on Add to Chrome, and then on Add Extension.
Once done restart your browser and enjoy your favorite twitch stream with no advertisements.
6. Purple ad blocker
This is another ad blocker that has been recently launched since the twitch purple screen came up while using the ad blocker on the Twitch stream.
There are 50,000+ downloads so far but they have got only a 3.0★ rating and that’s why I am putting this at the last of the list.
But I have read reviews carefully and many said that this extension works for them to block all videos and other ads on twitch.
So you better give it a try by installing Purple ad blocker.
How to Block Ads on Twitch (Mobile)
I understand many users like to enjoy their favorite streams on mobile either lying on a bed or sitting on a couch.
You have multiple choices for mobile to enjoy ad-free streams on Twitch.
- Use uBlock Origin that is mentioned above on mobile if you watch the stream on your browser like Chrome.
- Use VPN on your iPhone and connect to the location where Twitch doesn’t show ads.
- Download Ad Blocker
I am sure after reading the article on how to block ads on Twitch PC you know how to use uBlock Origin and VPN, so let me share the 3rd method.
How to Block Ads on Twitch App (iPhone)
We won’t disappoint anyone and so we have the best way to block twitch ads on the iPhone Twitch app.
Here we are using the AppMuck website to download the ad blocker to block ads on the iPhone Twitch app.
Twitch Ad Blocker for iPhone
This is the free method to block ads on the iPhone Twitch app and so you may have to download two apps in order to enjoy this feature.
- Open the AppMuck website on your safari browser.
- In the search box, just type twitch, from the suggestion tap on Twitch++, and then tap on Start Installation.
- This will start the installation process and then it will take you to the page where you need to install 2 apps from the list given. So pick any two apps that you like and install them which you can further uninstall.
- Once done open your twitch app on your iPhone, tap on the profile picture at the left-hand top, and at the bottom, you will see an Ad-block.
- Just Disable and enable again, then restart the twitch app.
Now launch the twitch app again and open any of the twitch streams to check if this worked for you.
How to Block Ads on Twitch App (Android)
There are multiple ways to block twitch ads on Android. I would recommend that in case any one method doesn’t work for you then try the other.
The few best ways to Block Twitch ads on Android are
- Use uBlock Origin
- Use VPN
- Use Private DNS Mode
The first two methods are the same as described above for the PC. So let me share the 3rd method to block Twitch ads on Android mobile.
How to Block Ads on Twitch Android app using Private DNS
- Open your Phone settings.
- Look for “Internet & Network” or “Connection & Sharing” and tap on it. This can be also by other names depending on the manufacturer.
- Now find Private DNS and tap on it.
- Choose Private DNS provider hostname and type dns.adguard.com. Once done click on Save.
Now you open the twitch app and check if the ads are blocked, you can also try restarting the phone in case it’s not working.
This will block all ads showing on other platforms like YouTube and websites.
You can also try other methods like installing an ad blocker app on your android.
Twitch AdBlocker not Working?
Due to the twitch algorithm, there are many ad blockers that don’t work. There can be many other reasons too why Twitch ad blockers are not working.
- Outdated Adblocker
- Ad Blocker is no longer capable enough to block Twitch ads
- Not properly configured
- Twitch Anti Adblocking
If you are using a normal Ad blocker then you check another article on Ad block not working that will help you to fix the issues.
Reinstalling is the best fix that you can try
Reinstall Ad Blocker – The best way to update your adblocker extension is by reinstalling the extension.
Right-click on the adblocker extension and choose “Remove from Chrome”
Once done type the extension name on Google and reinstall it.
uBlock Origin not Working for Twitch?
Twitch has been working on ant-adblocker so that their ads on streams cannot be skipped.
By the end of 2021, uBlock was was no longer capable to block pre-roll and mid-roll ads.
But there are few configurations that can help to block all twitch ads.
So just make sure you have enabled those settings, I am sharing it again here.
- Click on the uBlock Origin extension at the right-hand top extension bar and from the box click on the settings icon again to pull uBlock settings.
- From the top-hand menu, click on the My Filters tab and type the below command.
- Once done, click on the settings tab, scroll down to the Advanced tab and then click on I am an Advanced user.
- The settings icon will be highlighted click on it, scroll down to userResourcelocation, click on unset and paste the following path.
From the top click on Apply Changes and then restart your browser. uBlock should now work and block all twitch ads.
Purple Screen Error Message with Twitch AdBlocker
Ads are important for companies that are based on advertisement revenue.
According to one of the articles on the verge in November 2020 Twitch started serving this purple screen to uBlock users and many other ad block users every 10 minutes.
This purple screen message states “you might be using a third party tool or extension that is impacting site performance”
There was also a tweet by Lowco on November, 2nd 2020.
Twitch is targeting viewers who are using an ad blockers to block twitch ads, they will now have to disable the extension or tool to enjoy the stream properly.
Is it illegal to use AdBlock on Twitch?
“Is it legal to block ads on Twitch” This is another big question that comes to our mind when we are looking at how to block ads on Twitch.
Because you are supposed to watch these ads on Twitch in order to view their content.
In a few countries, ad blockers are considered illegal but in most of the countries it’s not illegal, but this is against twitch policy as they entertain you in return for these ads.
So, it’s recommended that you should not use any ad blocker as this affects Twitch, streamers, bloggers, and content creators’ earnings.
There are even chances that you do not do any research before using any ad blocker and download any random ad blocker from the Internet. This random ad blocker may steal your information or cause other problems.
FAQs on How to Block ads on Twitch
No, it’s not that illegal but yes it violates the policy of Twitch and other platforms whose business is based on ad revenue.
So, better avoid using ad blockers and enjoy the content while supporting the content creator.
There are many free VPNs in the market that works well for other purposes but are not suitable for blocking ads.
Free VPNs have limitations of connecting to only a few countries and even they slow down your internet speed which affects the streaming quality and buffering issues.
As far as the ad blocker shared in this article are safe and reliable but there are many ad blockers on the Internet that can steal your data and harm your device.
So only try the ad blocker recommend in this guide or on any other legit website.
Our wish never comes to end and so we keep demanding more and more. Ad blocker is one of them where before the evolution of ad blockers people use to think and wish to enjoy content without ads.
Fortunately. You got the solution today after reading this article that how to block ads on Twitch with the 6 best twitch ad blockers.
In case any adblocker doesn’t work for you, try the other from the list.
Let me know in the comment box which ad blocker worked for you and also if you still have any doubts or problems using the Twitch ad blocker.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.