Enjoying a game without any lag gives you an ultimate experience but recently many users reported lag in Diablo 2 and 3. So, how to fix diablo public game lag, server and mouse lag.
Don’t worry its not only you as many Diablo users have lagging issues and many have more severe issues like crashing and heating.
The troubleshooting steps below are recommended by many users who have fixed their lag and are also tested by our team.
- 1 Why is my Diablo Public Game Lagging?
- 2 How to Fix Diablo Public Game Lag on Windows PC
- 2.1 FIX 1 – Check Diablo Outage
- 2.2 FIX 2 – Temporarily Disable Firewall and Antivirus
- 2.3 FIX 3 – Choose the Closest Gateway
- 2.4 FIX 4 – Update Diablo to Fix Diablo Public Game Lag
- 2.5 FIX 5 – Check your Internet Connection
- 2.6 FIX 6 – Change DNS Server Address
- 2.7 FIX 7 – Quit Background Running Apps
- 2.8 FIX 8 – Update Graphics Driver
- 2.9 Share this:
- 2.10 Like this:
Why is my Diablo Public Game Lagging?
Game lag can be because of multiple reasons like a fluctuating network. Server issues or problems with device settings.
Before fixing the diablo public game lag, you must have a look at these few major causes.
- Game not installed in SSD
- Diablo Server Issues
- Fluctuating Internet or DNS issues
- Device overloaded
Okay, these are the major causes and now we will move to the solution to quickly get rid of the lagging and crashing issues.
How to Fix Diablo Public Game Lag on Windows PC
There are people with 3080s and 3090s that are seeing substantial chugging and in some severe cases freezing crashing as well as overheating hardware.
I have seen people getting annoyed and asking how do I stop Diablo from lagging?
So let’s apply a little bit of lotion to the bottom of this game and get everything smoothed out that was a weird analogy.
FIX 1 – Check Diablo Outage
Diablo is a game created by Blizzard entertainment and there have been issues in their server with the outage.
I have been checking their server status at the down detector and found several outages during the day.
FIX 2 – Temporarily Disable Firewall and Antivirus
Chances are that either the Windows firewall or antivirus are blocking any Diablo files or entire programs.
This can lead to huge lag or any other related problem, so try temporarily disabling the antivirus and firewall programs. If this works then you need to add an exception to your firewall.
- On Windows search type Firewall and from the suggestions choose “Windows Defender Firewall”.
- From the left-hand menu click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off and then turn off the firewall.
- Again in the search box type Virus and from the suggestion choose Virus & Threat protection.
- Scroll down a bit to Virus & threat protection settings and click Manage settings.
- Now here disable Real-time protection by clicking on the toggle.
Once done relaunch the game and check if the issues are resolved. If yes then you need to add an exception of Diablo to your Firewall.
FIX 3 – Choose the Closest Gateway
Currently, there are four gateways or server locations of Diablo, and it’s recommended that you choose the one that is closest to your physical location.
If you have already done that you can also try to change to other another gateway.
On the diablo home screen click on the gateway and now this will show you 4 gateways that are US West, US East, Asia, and Europe.
Pick the one closest to your location and then start the game.
FIX 4 – Update Diablo to Fix Diablo Public Game Lag
Outdated and older versions of Diablo can also cause lagging issues and so you must check for Diablo updates.
If available then update your diablo to the latest version and probably this will resolve the lagging issues.
FIX 5 – Check your Internet Connection
Poor and fluctuating internet connection is another major cause of diablo public game lag issues.
Open the internet speedtest website and run the test to check your internet speed and ping.
If you get low internet speed or high ping then follow the below steps and if still doesn’t work then you need to contact your internet service provider.
- Restart your Modem, Router, and PC as well. Most of the time a simple restart fixes such issues.
- If you are connected through WiFi make sure you are close to your router.
- Try connecting with LAN instead of WiFi.
If this doesn’t work for you then contact your internet service provider and explain to them that you are getting low internet speed and high ping.
FIX 6 – Change DNS Server Address
Public DNS server address like Google makes the internet much faster than ISP DNS server.
This is one of the popular ways to boost your internet speed and get rid of lagging issues caused because of poor internet.
- On Windows search type ncpa.cpl and then hit the enter key to open the network connections.
- If you are connected to WiFi then click on the WiFi adaptor once to highlight it then make a right-click on it, and choose Properties.
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) which will bring up the Internet protocol version properties.
- Now choose the option of “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type the below IP in the box.
Preferred DNS Server – 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS Server – 184.108.40.206
Once done click on Apply and then on Ok to save the settings.
FIX 7 – Quit Background Running Apps
Running too many apps and programs will occupy huge CPU & memory usage and that will surely slow down your performance if it’s close to 100% usage.
Try closing all other applications that are not currently in use while playing Diablo or any other game, especially on a low-end PC.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open the task manager and close all the applications currently not in use.
- Type background apps in the windows search and disable the background apps that are running in the background.
Once optimized, restart the game and check if the lagging issues have been fixed or not.
FIX 8 – Update Graphics Driver
Again outdated graphics drivers can also ruin your gaming experience and may result in lagging issues. Graphic drivers help to fix many issues like twitch black screen or any graphics-related apps and games.
Updating the graphic driver will also fix diablo mouse lag as well.
Follow the below steps to update your graphics driver on Windows 7, 8, 10, or 11 PC.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and from the list choose Device manager.
- Once the device manager box is up, look for Display adapters and double-click on them to expand the graphic driver.
- Your graphic card will now be displayed which can be like Intel or AMD.
- Now right-click on the graphic card and choose Update Driver. If the update is available it will start updating your drivers.
Restart your PC for all changes and then bring up the game to assure diablo public game lag has been fixed or not.
Diablo game is getting more popular and seems the game is still not properly optimized. People keep having issues like lagging, crashing, overheating, or chugging.
Now my other recommendation is that you should install the game on your SSD instead of HDD. If you have not got an SSD for your PC or laptop then must have it now.
All the solutions I shared here for Diablo public game lag are the best fixes and will also optimize your game.
Please comment and let us know which method worked for you or if you have any other fixes.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.