As a streamer or a viewer, this question might be moving around your mind “can twitch streamers see who is watching”.
There is no well-defined build option to see who is watching your twitch stream.
In this article, I will share complete information that can a twitch streamer see who is watching the stream and if yes then how.
- 1 Can Twitch Streamers see who is watching?
- 1.1 How to see who is watching your Twitch Stream (Desktop)
- 1.2 How to see who is watching your Twitch Stream (Mobile)
- 1.3 Can Twitch Streamers see your IP ADDRESS?
- 1.4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1.5 FINAL VERDICT
- 1.6 Share this:
- 1.7 Like this:
Can Twitch Streamers see who is watching?
If you are a viewer and watching any twitch stream by logging in with a twitch account, the streamer can know your username.
But you might be thinking that can twitch streamers see who is watching if you don’t have an account?
So without a twitch account, you will remain anonymous.
There are a couple of methods through which you can see who is watching your stream.
How to see who is watching your Twitch Stream (Desktop)
As a streamer, you can see who is watching your twitch stream but there are a few limitations like you can only see
- Username of the viewers who are currently watching by their twitch account
- Total number of viewers
- Region of viewers
This is also important to keep an eye on your viewers and find out whether you have real viewers or someone viewbotting on your twitch stream.
Let me explain all the 4 methods step by step
Method 1 – Through Users in Chat
This is one of the easiest and simple ways to see your viewers on twitch stream. You can see the username of the viewer who is watching your stream on twitch.
However, anyone on the channel can access this option of “Users in chat”
So not only a streamer, if you are a viewer and want to see the other viewers in the stream you can go with this option.
How to access the “Users in Chat” option
- Open your Twitch stream and head over to the chat section.
- On the right-hand top of the chatbox, just to the right where it says Stream Chat you will find a human icon.
- If you hover up to that icon it says Users in chat, click on it.
- Click on it to expand the option. Here in the user’s section, you will see all the viewers’ usernames who are or were watching your twitch stream.
This option will also display the broadcaster and moderation list as well. You can refresh the list by clicking on the refresh icon located at the right side of the filter box.
Method 2 – Viewers Count
With this method, you can only view the total count of viewers watching your streams.
This viewer count figure is really important for not only twitch streamers but also on other platforms like YouTube and Facebook.
When a viewer visits any stream they first check the total numbers of viewers watching your stream to let them know how good that stream or streamer is.
If you are a viewer let me know in the comment sections that do you notice the same or not.
As a streamer, you must keep an eye on the viewer’s count and notice when it drops and when it goes high.
How to check Viewers Count in Twitch
- Open your stream on Twitch
- Look just below the streaming video you will find the number of viewers watching with a human icon as shown in the image below.
Method 3 – Check Viewers through Streamlab Chatbot
This is another method to find out who is watching your stream on Twitch using Streamlab chatbot.
I can say this works almost the same as the 1st method but still you must check this.
So if you have still not connected the chatbot to Streamlab OBS then you must set it up now as this helps you in several other ways.
- Once you have set up your chatbot simply open Streamlab chatbot.
- Now on the right-hand top of the chatbox, you will find the Viewer option, click on it.
- Now this will display all kinds of viewers including your moderator, scroll down a bit and you will find viewers sections with the username of all the viewers.
Though this process is almost like twitch users in chat while checking viewers on chatbot you can also chat at the same time.
Method 4 – See someone through Live Chat
If you are trying to find someone on your stream or trying to target any specific viewer then this trick might work for you.
I understand this is not the proper method to see your viewers on twitch but this may work to some extent.
You can just shout out on stream for that specific user and he will surely respond if watching your stream.
In case if you don’t want to get engaged then you can assign this task to your mod.
I am sure now you might have got an idea now to how to use this method to see your viewers.
How to see who is watching your Twitch Stream (Mobile)
Now as you know that can streamers know who is watching their stream or not you must also know how to check that information on your mobile.
The same task can also be done on your android or iPhone mobile as well.
- Open your Twitch application and head over to the stream on which you want to see the viewers.
- Now enter the stream screen with chatbox.
- Hit once on the streaming screen and it will show you the viewers count.
- Tap on the viewers count and the Users in chat box will now be up.
- Now the list starts with the broadcaster, Mods, VIPs, and then the viewers. So scroll down a bit and you will see the list of all the viewers.
The list will display the username of the viewers who are watching the stream with their twitch account.
Viewers not signed in with twitch will be anonymous and their names won’t be displayed.
Can Twitch Streamers see your IP ADDRESS?
There is no such option for a streamer to see their viewer’s IP address until they are some kind of expert in networking.
But it’s not impossible, so you cannot surely say that streamer cannot see your IP.
So in a situation like where any viewer is misleading people on the chat or using inappropriate content, you have a solution.
Streamer cannot see your IP address but twitch can.
Twitch stores such information on their server and you can request twitch for such information with a proper reason.
Access IP address with Windows tool
There is a command that works with the Windows command prompt and this will display the IP address of other people.
But this will display just the IP address so you cannot assure that to which user this IP belongs.
- Open your chat application and close all other tabs connected to the Internet.
- Open CMD in windows, type the command netstat –a in the box, and hit the enter key to run.
- Now under the foreign address, you will see a few IP addresses.
Though this is not the right way to find the viewer’s IP address I thought you must be aware of this command.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There is no option to see viewers who watched the past stream.
As you can see viewers through the viewers count so they need to be on the chat.
If there is something urgent then you better request twitch for the details.
Yes, twitch streamers can see lurkers through the list of users’ options if they are watching the stream through their twitch account.
Lurkers are mostly considered who are not interested in chat participation and only focus on streamer or their gameplay.
So in simple words, I can lurkers are also viewers and so their username can also be seen.
Can twitch streamers see who is watching if you don’t have an account?
When you watch any stream on twitch without signing in you remain anonymous and your information will not be displayed under viewers count.
So twitch streamers or anyone won’t be able to see your name if you don’t have an account with twitch.
Big streamers won’t be looking into grabbing such information as they better focus on their stream and gameplay.
Hope you got the proper answer that can twitch streamers see who is watching their stream.
But sometimes this information can boost your new ideas.
Better have proper communication with your chat and try to keep the community clean.
Dear Readers my name is Shahbaz
I am a blogger and a gamer. I have around 8 years of experience working as a Tech Geek.
So I know how technical things work and I am very much active on Discord, Twitch, and in Gaming. I help people on Twitch and Discord by solving their problems related to twitch streaming and twitch tutorials.
Feel free to connect me on my Social accounts or contact me through the contact form.